Old 12-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #91
ojandpizza
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 12/11 - 12/17 Games Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Harden averages 8.3 FTA per game for his career, Jordan was 8.2 FTA.

Jordan finished with 12,192 field goals and 7,327 made FT. Pretty crazy for Harden.

If anyone was going to do it it'd be Harden since he goes through stretches where he passes up open layups to go seek contact. I've never seen a player try to get to the FT the way Harden does and I hope I never see anyone else do it his way.
Jordan had his own ways of getting some questionable whistles as well. Especially when verticality wasn't quite called the same way it is now. Plenty of instances where Jordan would turn around completely backwards and toss the ball over his shoulder while HE is hitting the defender with his back. But at least in those instances he is forcing the defender to react to his contact and in most cases ends up a bang bang play. To me that's not much different than Bron forcing defenders contact with his shoulder.

But Harden is a whole different level. In most cases he isn't forcing the defender to make any sort of contact on him, rather he just thrusts his limbs into the defender who otherwise is often doing nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing would make me happier than to see them just start racking up offensive fouls in those instances. It's the complete opposite of typical basketball. Rather than a defender swiping at the ball the shooter is swiping the ball at the defender. It's almost comical at times.

Last edited by ojandpizza; 12-14-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove