SilverBullet19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Some College Football Defense Do's & Don'ts

DO

-use the strafe feature to line up a tackle, it helps avoid over pursuit

-cover the QB on read options as a user

-On true options, angle your pursuit right in front of the QB. It triggers him to pitch and if you angle it right you'll be right on the path to tackle the RB for a loss

-Against option teams like Army, Navy and GT, don't be afraid to blitz the safeties. It helps load the box against the run

-try to strip the ball when there are other defenders to clean up if you miss the tackle

DON'T

-Don't let your safety line up on a man across the field from him or against a receiver in man coverage. Keep them on TE or RB's, and make sure they're not trying to cover from across formation (for example, your FS assigned to a man on the SS side of the field). If you're in this situation, either flip the play or audible to zone coverage

-Only "guess play" on 3rd and long (guess "pass," obviously). Otherwise, the risk is far greater than the reward

-Don't bring more than 6 rushers on a blitz, ESPECIALLY on 3rd and long... the screen will burn you bad. Only way around this is to user control a man to cover the RB, and you better not miss the tackle

-Never blitz a DB from the wide side of the field

-Don't run man-to-man without at least some sort of help over the top, whether it's 2 deep or just 1 over the top... have SOMETHING there

-Don't use the hit stick too much, it can lead to broken tackles. I've missed many would be 3 yard losses going for the showy hit

That's all that comes to mind for now. I hope it helps!

Major Boise State fan