View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 12:04 AM   #17
IBMA
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Fall and Rise of Ohio State Basketball

Sean Frye Declares For Draft, Buckeyes Wrap Up Recruiting

June 18

The off season is coming close to a close for Ohio State, and they received some bittersweet news earlier today. Star junior power forward for the Buckeyes last year Sean Frye notified new head coach Jeff Anderson and Athletic Director Gene Smith that he would declare for the upcoming NBA Draft. He is projected to go twelfth to the Memphis Grizzlies. We wish the best to him.

As for the new Buckeye faces, we will see what happens. You can find out more about them on our third post, just open the spoiler. The new Buckeyes are power forward Ty Meeks (78 Overall), point guard Voshon Slater (76 Overall), small forward Andy Hamilton (75 Overall), point guard Eric Blake (73 Overall), center Andy Movalson (73 Overall), and point guard Voshon Slater (69 Overall). Coach Anderson talked about both his recruits and Matta’s recruits: “All of these guys are great ball players and all will get a chance to prove themselves. I don’t care if I brought them here or Mickey Mouse, everyone gets the chance to earn what they deserve.”

Coach Anderson is not shy about speaking his mind, as he also said about the returning Buckeyes’: “They are soft. I don’t know what went on here before but it seems like defense wasn’t a pressed issue. That’ll change during training camp...these kids will see what earning everything feels like.”

Coach Anderson seems to be the rough and tough leader this team needs. The new leader on the court, senior point guard Marcus Dumas spoke about his new coach and new teammates, “Coach is great. He brings something to this team that you can’t put a price on: motivation and pushing us to our edge. He makes sure we get every last bit of amazingness out of ourselves before practice is over. I love it, and so does everyone else.” “No, the new guys haven’t started [practicing] yet. In a month or two...The tape looks good for these kids, but they can’t expect a spot handed to them. They gotta work for it like we have been recently...It’s gonna be a fun year.”

Well said by our new leaders.