View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 08:38 PM   #1720
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

With the updated rosters, i’m Not seeing the 10 second thing. Longest i see them hold it is for like 7 seconds. Might happen twice a game.

One reason I always used the updated rosters is that they don’t call as many shot plays. I think that might be what you’re seeing with the preseason rosters. It’s like the updated rosters have better tendencies with playcalling and calls it more based on percentages from the real nfl season while the preseason/default roster calls plays purely based on the star ratings in the default playbooks. No way to prove this. Just what ive noticed after watching both rosters with the same sliders.

The cpu offensive attack is a little more aggressive since the December patch. Yesterday i tried wr catch at 50, but it was too strong. Try it at 52, then 51.

If this doesn’t work, i have another out of the box idea that doesn’t involve any slider movement. Big part of the problem is the offenses are throwing the ball too deep, even if it’s not shot plays, they’re not going short enough. Most nfl passes only travel 5-10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. This out of the box fix would involve changing the schemes to some kind of west coast attack. I’d have to build a list. I think this would help and keep the offenses from going too deep. Ive tested this with the all-time roster set ive been re-editing, and this works very well. It’s like when the players dont match the scheme so well, it really tames the offense

But before we get that deep, try this slight adjustment with wr catch. It’s like these play beautiful one game, and the next game there’s too many offensive yards. It’s very strange, but it’s the same thing that happened since the December patch. Offensive attack became too aggressive. Pretty sure this scheme trick would work if the wr catch thing doesn’t. Seems like the games the play real real stats, have teams running some kind of west coast scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Alright, I did get another game in. It was solid, stats weren’t bad. I am noticing one thing though, pressure on the QB is a concern. I think its the main concern leading to all these inflating offense of numbers. For example: it was 3rd and 15 and packers had the ball against the Eagles. I counted it doing one Mississippi (Had this happen in Rams game too) Rodgers ended up having like 10 seconds to stand around in the pocket and have one of his WRs come running back to be wide open for a first down. This has happened a combine 6 times over 2 two games. 3 each. It has happened on a 2nd and 10, various times. It’s like the d-line doesn’t get a push and the o-line just holds them there without any issues. Then the coverage is just good and eventually it’ll break down sense no one can get to the QB and wide open.
If this was me, I would say if getting a bit more QB pressure, the offensive yards and all would come down and not be in the constant 400’s. Coverage feels really good, run game feels solid.
I’m no expert and I know you have tested this a crap load and I love your work, I’m just thinking what might be the reason the offensive numbers are a tad too high. This isn’t a game breaker though. In fact, starting my CFM with current OP and going with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts