Thread: MLB Off-Topic
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 03:22 AM   #12533
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB Off-Topic

While I think he is likely going the NFL route and it will be most successful for him, he has to see where he is going to end up in the draft. If teams think he is playing a leverage card and still might have his mind set on baseball (he still does have a baseball agent, correct?), I would be afraid of using a draft pick on him if I thought he had any doubts or if I did about him. He is a 5'9" quarterback, so unless he is going to be your franchise QB you have to be careful. On that note, if he is a 4th round draft pick and riding the bench, the A's still have the rights to him and will be waiting... he could always just abandon ship and jump that way.

Again, I think he's just trying to squeeze out as much as he can get, either from a baseball contract perspective or maybe a high draft pick perspective. Of course with the Combine coming around he's going to say he has his sights on football; that's a perfect PR move. Only in this case, I think he's being legitimate about it. Though still, if that doesn't work out for him the way that he wants, I see no reason why he might not change his mind.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60