View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 03:40 AM   #295
Kleinevos
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Lmao... Just joined a Rec lobby. Pure sharp averages 7ppg, a 92 overall, and his record was like 7-35.

The other 3 players looked okay. 2-300 losses with a buck and some change in wins. That means for every 2 losses you might win one. "Okay, so those other 2 games you didn't have me." Is how I see it. Regardless of what position I'm on, I feel I'm going to play that role to the best of my abilities. If I'm point, i try to have a 10 piece in assists with low turn overs. Even with my squad that's really hard and I have a pure playmaker with HOF dimer. If I'm a wing scorer I'll try my best to be open and knock down a 20 piece on efficient shooting. On a good team, i can get 20 on the break with my slashers, with my shot creators I can spot up as well as drive/pull a middie. If I'm big I'll play defense and board. I'll play my role.

But that guy? With HOF badges (I'm assuming he had them since 92 OVR) you REALLY only average 7ppg?

Nah man... A pure sharp who's asleep on his controller could drop 7ppg. Maybe he's got other characters. Maybe he plays big and doesn't shoot a lot. But he's a 92 and out of 40 plus games you're telling me you only won 7 because the other 4 guys? No way. That guy. Right there. That one specific random. He tanks the team. THAT'S the guy this thread was made for.

If he's NOT a troll account...(Okay... I concede that there's people that do this. Create a secondary account, then just purposefully throw up stupid shots and not play defense) There's no way in HELL I can cover that guy's deficiencies. No way. If I was on my 2 way wing, let's say I slide over on the screen for a switch. He's giving up 2-3 points on my man. Guaranteed. Then, on offense, let's say I set him a screen to get him wide, he's going to drive in to the paint when he gets the ball. Maybe he doesn't... You're telling me that even CONTESTED this man only drops 7 a game? I know sharps/stretches that could bust 7 a game with a LOCKDOWN on them for 40 straight games.

Not doing it.

I probably took as much time to write this post as it would have taken for me to sit through that 30 point blow out. Much better time investment.

Honestly i solo queue rec often and if i see that **** i just use the “join yourself” way out of rec and try anew.

I’m an amateur 3 in rec with 90-65 and i also have only 11 pts per game. But then again i have no Sharp/Stretch
The times i actually have a group to play with, i’m never the first scoring option, so that’s probably why.

I’m more the “i play D and stretch the floor” guy. I get my buckets like that and i’m fine with averaging 11 pts like that.
You could call me the role player of the team
Advertisements - Register to remove