View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 04:50 AM   #17
oshighwayman
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Combo queue needs to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
No, there would be way to much spam and unrealistic combos would make a comeback. It would be jab straight to the body spam all over again. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually like the way the combo system works in this game. I find personally it's easy to use and once you get the hang of it you can pull off some pretty wicked combos on anyone. Just keep practicing, and when you're throwing combos DO NOT TOUCH THE LEFT STICK. So many people can't grasp this, and wonder why they can't do combos properly and it's because they're constantly pressing forward on the left stick and throwing even in boxing range.

Also, not to knock your ability but maybe try practicing with some of the defensive tools in the game. Sounds like this is where you're struggling most, if you can use the defensive tools well in this game you can make people gas fairly quick who are throwing crazy combos and punish them while you're at it. One of my favorite things to do is side way any straight strike and counter with either a circling lead or rear hook to the body or a circling head kick or body kick.

nobody is touching combos and their speed and damage and whatever

look
when i am driving my car i like or prefer that it will follow my actions. if i press gas i except it to move forward if i press brake i except it to start slowing down. if i see there s any delay with it, it s time to bring car to shop because it s not safe to drive anymore.

it s about hand eye cordination.

lag/delay issues i dont think combo queue will help with any of that.
if u use combo queue in lag u will just probably open vulnerability windows all over urself and get rocked or something in that delay

i also dont like if i am doing Solo Challenges and it wants me to do i dont know 10 4-strike combos on opponent, i go with let s say 1,2,1,2, u can input it very quickly, but i HATE the fact that for like 1second or more u re basically not in game, because game is just following queue, it s just looks too weird to me

and i think combo queue is the reason why some people are mentioning dropped inputs and input lag, delay, unresponsiveness etc.

it definetely feels that way in single player where AI is basically counterstriking u sometimes on first startup frames of ur strike, which is almost impossible to do for us humans, Martial Mind was saying in his video where he fought legendary AI that "human players dont do these things" yes we dont, we dont counter overhand with body knee etc.

if u cant remove combo queue (buffer) however u want to call it,

could at least adjust it so it can at least mimic real time input?

as for defense, i think there s big imbalance between skill required for effective offense and effective defense.

i read this forum a lot and top players here are preaching here how omg there s so many defensive tools and there s no issues with anything,

but then u go and watch elite players for example Ricky J Sports channel with his tournaments and u see top players, standing there with planted feet holding high block and trying to catch each other with short combos..

barely any sways and what was the best that one guy he did slip and he did counterstrike from slip but he still got KOed from queued combo from other guy

i also dont understand why top players should have problem with combo queue removed or nerfed
most of u got great internet connections,most of u played ranked where u have connection quality indicator and u have good muscle memory and reflexed to enter ur combos as fast as possible for maximum effect, and if u can do that with combo queue, u can do that in real time too