Old 03-19-2019, 05:05 AM   #18
oshighwayman
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Combo queue needs to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Honestly I think Combo buffering (queue) is Ok and good thing:

1. It has short enough memory window so only short (3 moves) series are remembered

2. You CAN cancel / clear queue by pressing Block

3. Queue is a good tool when you have laggy connection, otherwise you will see no combos at all

4. It is realistic - irl you already have the combo in your mind you want to perform before you start it.

5. If we had timed not queue Combo input mechanics - it was too difficult and unstable to perform b/c of lags, analog changing move’s speed b/c of stamina and statuses.

1. i would prefer 2 moves or real time

2.i really hate idea that there s need for canceling some leftover inputs, it feels to me unresponsive

3. here s my experience: for laggers they have NO problem, because my STABLE and GOOD connection is providing their game with all packets of information they need, but their upload and latency will cause their packets to be either lost or slowed so their info sent towards me wont be accurate anymore

i asked some laggers in private messages "is it lagging for u?" they said no, my connection is WIRED, stable, NAT OPEN, ports OPEN, not using any other devices while i am playing UFC, not streaming, not downloading, updating etc.

so combo queue doesnt help me and we have combo queue right now, it doesnt do anything for me

because LAGGER can SEE ur movements in real time, while u cant see HIS movements in real time because it s delayed and u cant react properly

i mean u can probably queue combo, but he will be able react to it, while u wont have chance to react to his queued combo, because of delay

4. i dont know what to say to that, i mean OK, i have it in my mind, BUT:

i would like it to be like this : MY HEAD-CONTROLLER-GAME
that means My Head says jab, straight, my fingers press X,Y, Fighter in UFC game performs 1,2

i dont want it to be : MY HEAD-CONTROLLER-BUFFER-GAME
too many middleman, too many

5. i dont really know what to think about it and i dont really know that much about inner game mechanics to comment on that.

all i know is that UFC2 didnt had this problem, and from what i understand it had some kind of combo queue or something right? like faster u input strikes they will come out faster? i remember somebody probably UFC dev mentioning that, or maybe UFC2 didnt have combo queue.. i dunno

does that mean UFC 2 had "timed input mechanics- it was too difficult and unstable to perform b/c of lags, analog changing move’s speed b/c of stamina and statuses."

did it ?
i dont think so