View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 04:40 AM   #8
Bm7414206
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB The Show 19 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

Just finished my 30 team control(still has the position player bug)rounds 1-40(all CP made into RP). What I did so I didn't cheat for my team by getting all the good players is I did a 1 team control draft and drafted first 40 rounds only for my team and i had to get those same players in the 30man team control fantasy draft.

Really excited how it turned out not only for my team but the other teams. My Seattle Mariners had the 18th pick in the draft and I decided to go young up the middle and surrounded them with vets.My first 2 rounds I choose Javier Baez and Walker Buehler. So i was off to a very good start with players that would be around for years. I drafted all my young players first before CPU could snag up all the good ones and then I went back and got the older vets the CPU was skipping over. So my projected 25 man roster will look something like this...

SP Walker Buehler
SP Robbie Ray
SP Garrett Richards
SP Nathan Eovaldi
SP Felix Hernandez
SP Derek Holland
CP Edwin Diaz
SU Lou Trivino
SU Justin Anderson
MR Tanner Scott
MR Michael Lorenzen
MR Amir Garrett

C Gary Sanchez
1B Eric Hosmer
2B Gleybar Torres
3B Kyle Seager
SS Javier Baez
LF Tyler O'Neill
CF A.J. Pollock
RF Jason Heyward
DH Max Muncy

C Roberto Perez
3B Eduardo Nunez
CF Scott Schebler
RF Adam Jones

I tried to make a pretty balanced lineup Lefty/Right wise and think I got a good mix of power, contact and some speedthat could play average to above average defense. I wish I could have gotten some more speed for my bench. As for my starters/bullpen there wasn't much in the way of lefties to choose from but from the right side I feel like I am stacked with hard throwers all throwing in upper 90s.

I was surprised CPU was leaving some of these players, I think maybe because there are real contracts now? Also they really downgraded some of these players potentials. Like for example Hosmer and Heyward were both A potential last year but this year they are both C potential players with huge contracts. But they fit my team well so I drafted them.

Top Ten Prospects(CPU Drafted 6 of them when I simmed after the 40th round)

CF VICTOR ROBLES (I drafted)
SP MICHAEL KOPECH (I drafted)
SP JUSTUS SHEFFIELD (I drafted)
C FRANCISCO MEJIA (I drafted)
LF CLINT FRAZIER
3B YANDY DIAZ
1B DAN VOGELBACH
SP DOMINGO GERMAN
And then a couple fake players.

Well I'm excited to get Spring Training going and see who breaks camp with the new look Seattle Mariners.

Let me know what you think of my projected 25 man roster and maybe what you would do differently