View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #4
GregNilles
Rookie

GregNilles's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stealyerface's TrueSim 2019 Slider Set is Live and in the Vault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
Well, Stealyerface here, back again for another round of The Show, and this year's slider set is one that I am pretty stoked on.

If you had tried or played with my sliders in years past, you will remember that I am clean-screen, manual as much of everything I can play with, and try to temper the game to the most accurate, most authentic, and most true-to-life to the game as I can make it.

This includes adjusting the fielder's speed, base runner speed, arm strength, range, jump, first step, closing speed etc... to get the game to play as it would if you watched a real game.

I pour over the replays in my test games to see if a guy who should be out by just a half a step at first, indeed is out by that half a step. I make sure that a guy who slides into second on a double, does so with the ball coming back to the infield at the correct timing. I make sure that if a guy with below average speed tries to leg out a triple, he'll be out by a mile on a decent throw...

Basically, I want the game to play out as close to how it would play out in real life, as I can make it.

These sliders have over five years of testing, with the new game SDS sends out every year as the new baseline for my carryover sliders. from year to year.

As the game evolves, luckily the sliders stay pretty close, with the only real tweaking to the set, coming from wholesale changes made to the game.

******NOTE*******

I am not a tweaker. Which means that some of the sliders will be very similar to the baseline out of the box gameplay set. I play on All Star, and I do crank up the pitching level, as I want to see less pin point control from my pitchers, but within the ratings, the better pitchers are able to spot tough pitchers more accurately. As they should.

My slider set will also require you to position fielders and to pitch to that positioning. The speed being turned down will not allow you to make up for mistakes because of the game's default speeds being too high. You will need to take some time and attack the batter, learn to pitch to contact if needed, position outfielders to help them make plays, attack the zone on weaker hitters.... Basically, you are going to have to play the game as you would manage a real squad, or you are going to get shellacked.

Start up a game and swing at every pitch, don't work the counts to batter-favour, and just lollygag through a game, and you will be punished.

Conversely, if you gameplan, make charts, allow one time through the line up to make notes on batters, position your defense accordingly, and take your time, the rewards are so satisfying, it makes this year's game the most fun I have had in The Show to date.

Seriously, this game plays the best, and is the best portrayal of the authentic experience we have been given.

I am at work, and not able to access the slider set for posting on the site right this minute, but the set is live, in the vault, and I hope you guys give it a shot, and enjoy the games that come out of it.

Please give this set a good 5-10 games, and you'll see 11-9 slugfests with 5 HR's and you'll get a couple 2-0 shutouts with crazy pitching duals.

You'll see teams go cold a the plate and have to scratch for every run, and then balls will fall in and you'll catch a break.

The best compliment I can get is when you see a play, and can say that it played out just like you would see within a real game.

Look for "Stealyerface's TrueSim2019" in the vault, load em up, and have it it.

I hope you guys enjoy.
~syf
I've been looking for good slider set since 16 and am going to give yours a whirl tonight. I'll post results and thoughts!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Operation Sports mobile app