Home

Stealyerface's TrueSim 2019 Slider Set is Live and in the Vault.

This is a discussion on Stealyerface's TrueSim 2019 Slider Set is Live and in the Vault. within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Stealyerface's TrueSim 2019 Slider Set is Live and in the Vault.

Well, Stealyerface here, back again for another round of The Show, and this year's slider set is one that I am pretty stoked on.

If you had tried or played with my sliders in years past, you will remember that I am clean-screen, manual as much of everything I can play with, and try to temper the game to the most accurate, most authentic, and most true-to-life to the game as I can make it.

This includes adjusting the fielder's speed, base runner speed, arm strength, range, jump, first step, closing speed etc... to get the game to play as it would if you watched a real game.

I pour over the replays in my test games to see if a guy who should be out by just a half a step at first, indeed is out by that half a step. I make sure that a guy who slides into second on a double, does so with the ball coming back to the infield at the correct timing. I make sure that if a guy with below average speed tries to leg out a triple, he'll be out by a mile on a decent throw...

Basically, I want the game to play out as close to how it would play out in real life, as I can make it.

These sliders have over five years of testing, with the new game SDS sends out every year as the new baseline for my carryover sliders. from year to year.

As the game evolves, luckily the sliders stay pretty close, with the only real tweaking to the set, coming from wholesale changes made to the game.

******NOTE*******

I am not a tweaker. Which means that some of the sliders will be very similar to the baseline out of the box gameplay set. I play on All Star, and I do crank up the pitching level, as I want to see less pin point control from my pitchers, but within the ratings, the better pitchers are able to spot tough pitchers more accurately. As they should.

My slider set will also require you to position fielders and to pitch to that positioning. The speed being turned down will not allow you to make up for mistakes because of the game's default speeds being too high. You will need to take some time and attack the batter, learn to pitch to contact if needed, position outfielders to help them make plays, attack the zone on weaker hitters.... Basically, you are going to have to play the game as you would manage a real squad, or you are going to get shellacked.

Start up a game and swing at every pitch, don't work the counts to batter-favour, and just lollygag through a game, and you will be punished.

Conversely, if you gameplan, make charts, allow one time through the line up to make notes on batters, position your defense accordingly, and take your time, the rewards are so satisfying, it makes this year's game the most fun I have had in The Show to date.

Seriously, this game plays the best, and is the best portrayal of the authentic experience we have been given.

I am at work, and not able to access the slider set for posting on the site right this minute, but the set is live, in the vault, and I hope you guys give it a shot, and enjoy the games that come out of it.

Please give this set a good 5-10 games, and you'll see 11-9 slugfests with 5 HR's and you'll get a couple 2-0 shutouts with crazy pitching duals.

You'll see teams go cold a the plate and have to scratch for every run, and then balls will fall in and you'll catch a break.

The best compliment I can get is when you see a play, and can say that it played out just like you would see within a real game.

Look for "Stealyerface's TrueSim2019" in the vault, load em up, and have it it.

I hope you guys enjoy.
~syf

******UPdate********

Here are the Gameplay Options, Setting and the Sliders for those who are not online. Enjoy, and most of all, Have Fun!!

Settings:

Batting and Baserunning:

Hitting Difficulty: All-Star

Hitting Interface Directional (Timed)

Input Type - Buttons

Plate Coverage Indicator - Off

Camera Shift - Off

In-Play View Offense - Broadcast

Hitting View: Wide (User Choice) I like the angle, and you really need to be wary of change-ups

Ball Trail - Off

Guess Pitch: Off

Baserunner Interface: Default

Baserunning Decisions: Default

Sliding Decisions: Assist

Runner Window: On (this year's steal indicator helps)

Pitching:

Pitching Difficulty: HOF

Pitching Interface: Classic

Pitching View: Broadcast

Pitching Ball Marker: Off (clean screen for me, no clutter)

Pitch Callout: Off -as above

Pitch Confidence: On

Pitch Delay: Normal

API: Default

Fielding:

Throwing Interface: Pure Analog

Throwing Meter: On or No Feedback (once you get some games to learn the ropes)

Throwing Decision: Off

Throw Canceling: Off

Fielding Decision: Assist

Defensive Shift: Auto (I'll move them around, but Auto helps if I forget)

Catch Indicator - On

Fielding View Defense: Dynamic (new camera is really immersive, so good)

General

Strike Zone: Off

Hot Zones: Pitching Preview (First pitch of the at-bat, to remind you of the batter's weaknesses)

Warm Up Relievers - On

Balks: On

Tutorial Tips - Off

Post Game Auto Save - Off

Umpire Balls and Strikes: Personalized

Umpire Close Plays: On

Check Swing Appeals: On

Injuries: On

Ejections: On

Scorebar Display - On

Pitch Select Display - Off (Clean screen again... Learn what your guys like to throw)

Swing/Pitch Info - On ( I use this to set up batters, based on their swings on certain pitches)

Vibration - On

Game Log Order - Default

Presentation Options

Presentation Mode - Broadcast

Pre Pitch Cameras - Batting Only

Frequency - High Leverage

Batter Walkup - On

In-game Ticker - On

Closed Captioning - Off

Mode Updates - Occasional

MLB.com Updates - On

Gameplay Sliders

Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity 5

Human Contact 5

Human Power 5

Human Timing 5

Human Foul Frequency 4

Human Solid Hits 4

Human Starter Stamina 5 **lowered from 6** **UPDATED AND LOCKED IN AT 5*** It is perfect.

Human Reliever Stamina 3

Human Pitcher Control 3

Human Pitcher Consistency 3

CPU Contact 5

CPU Power 5

CPU Timing 5

CPU Foul Frequency 4

CPU Solid Hits 4

CPU Starter Stamina 5

CPU Reliever Stamina 5

CPU Pitcher Control 3

CPU Pitcher Consistency 4

CPU Strike Frequency 5

CPU Manager Hook 5

CPU Pickoffs 5

Fastball Pitch Speed 6 (user choice)

Off speed Pitch Speed 5 (user choice)

Fielding Errors Infield 5

Fielding Errors Outfield 5

Throwing Errors Infield 4

Throwing Errors Outfield 4

Fielder Run Speed 2

Fielder Reaction 2

Fielder Arm Strength Infield 5

Fielder Arm Strength Outfield 6 (upped from 5) *This allows the guys with high-rated arms to unleash*

Baserunner Speed 4

Baserunner Steal Ability 6

Baserunner Steal Frequency 6

Wind 4

Injuries 6

Last edited by stealyerface; 05-03-2019 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Update to Sliders 5/3/2019
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Stealyerface's TrueSim 2019 Slider Set is Live and in the Vault.

I wont be able to play until tomorrow, so can wait to see what the slider numbers look like!

I use Directional hitting on AS, Classic pitching on HOF or Legend.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
Rookie

mikemck09's Arena

OVR: 1

I truly appreciate your perspective on realism and gameplay. I am a sim fan as well. I will without a doubt give these a shot and let you know how things play out. Thank you for your time and effort put into the set.

Hooah
Old 04-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #4
Rookie

GregNilles's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
Well, Stealyerface here, back again for another round of The Show, and this year's slider set is one that I am pretty stoked on.

If you had tried or played with my sliders in years past, you will remember that I am clean-screen, manual as much of everything I can play with, and try to temper the game to the most accurate, most authentic, and most true-to-life to the game as I can make it.

This includes adjusting the fielder's speed, base runner speed, arm strength, range, jump, first step, closing speed etc... to get the game to play as it would if you watched a real game.

I pour over the replays in my test games to see if a guy who should be out by just a half a step at first, indeed is out by that half a step. I make sure that a guy who slides into second on a double, does so with the ball coming back to the infield at the correct timing. I make sure that if a guy with below average speed tries to leg out a triple, he'll be out by a mile on a decent throw...

Basically, I want the game to play out as close to how it would play out in real life, as I can make it.

These sliders have over five years of testing, with the new game SDS sends out every year as the new baseline for my carryover sliders. from year to year.

As the game evolves, luckily the sliders stay pretty close, with the only real tweaking to the set, coming from wholesale changes made to the game.

******NOTE*******

I am not a tweaker. Which means that some of the sliders will be very similar to the baseline out of the box gameplay set. I play on All Star, and I do crank up the pitching level, as I want to see less pin point control from my pitchers, but within the ratings, the better pitchers are able to spot tough pitchers more accurately. As they should.

My slider set will also require you to position fielders and to pitch to that positioning. The speed being turned down will not allow you to make up for mistakes because of the game's default speeds being too high. You will need to take some time and attack the batter, learn to pitch to contact if needed, position outfielders to help them make plays, attack the zone on weaker hitters.... Basically, you are going to have to play the game as you would manage a real squad, or you are going to get shellacked.

Start up a game and swing at every pitch, don't work the counts to batter-favour, and just lollygag through a game, and you will be punished.

Conversely, if you gameplan, make charts, allow one time through the line up to make notes on batters, position your defense accordingly, and take your time, the rewards are so satisfying, it makes this year's game the most fun I have had in The Show to date.

Seriously, this game plays the best, and is the best portrayal of the authentic experience we have been given.

I am at work, and not able to access the slider set for posting on the site right this minute, but the set is live, in the vault, and I hope you guys give it a shot, and enjoy the games that come out of it.

Please give this set a good 5-10 games, and you'll see 11-9 slugfests with 5 HR's and you'll get a couple 2-0 shutouts with crazy pitching duals.

You'll see teams go cold a the plate and have to scratch for every run, and then balls will fall in and you'll catch a break.

The best compliment I can get is when you see a play, and can say that it played out just like you would see within a real game.

Look for "Stealyerface's TrueSim2019" in the vault, load em up, and have it it.

I hope you guys enjoy.
~syf
I've been looking for good slider set since 16 and am going to give yours a whirl tonight. I'll post results and thoughts!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Sounds good. I’ll be interested in hearing how your game(s) turned out.
~syf

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #6
Rookie

GregNilles's Arena

Played my first game against Kasas City as the Sox. Game 2 of the regular season. Lopez vs Junis.

CHI 2 9 0
KC 6 9 1

KC scored 3 in the first as I made a combination of mistakes while also adjusting to the new sliders. KC played scattered 3 more, 1 more against Lopez and 2 against Fry later in the 7th.

Sox were able to slap some hits throughout the game but mostly with 2 outs and rallys were hard to come by. I managed to draw a walk and a single when Anderson doubled in the sox only rbi of the night. Sox score on a questionable e6 deep in the hole that bounced off Mondesis glove in the 9th but it wasn't enough.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-08-2019, 09:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Sorry if this is a dumb question but do these work for cpu vs cpu games?

Old 04-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Also is your hitting difficulty on all star? And what do you do play on for pitching difficulty

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »