View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 05:34 PM   #11
1212headkick
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How to alleviate rock state knee spam meta: Buff bodyhooks and smart body work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
You post made me think, we don’t want stamina taxes from blocked strikes because the game would turn into a shield contest, but this choice created the block break meta. Why they don’t put a progressive stamina taxes on blocked strikes.
Example:
I throw one strike to the block, I get the tax we already have but if I throw 2 strikes in succession( like 1 second after the other) I get more taxed for the second strike, and this goes on with the combo. The good thing(for the pressure guys) it’s that we don’t need to drain to much permanent stamina in this system, we could only drain more the stamina bar wen the guy spam strikes on the block in succession.
I think this would kill the block break meta and make players think were they have to throw and use more feints

That actually makes perfect sense. On the ground your forced to be accurate. Spamming punches on the block costs you the position. But yet on the feet its incentived. Chip damage doesnt work well on the feet. Makes more sense on the ground. Where you want to grind your opponent. accuracy is not the meta or picking your shots. Who ever depletes the block first usually wins.
Advertisements - Register to remove