View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #27
edgevoice
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Not sure where to put this at this point since the game has been out so long. I had a CFM game where my Texans came back from 13 down in the 4th to tie it up and force overtime with the Tennessee Titans. I went up 3 late in the overtime period after winning the toss and grinding it down the field. The Titans got the ball back with maybe a 1:44 left. They got down to the 45 with 40 seconds left and no timeouts. Then they almost let the clock run out without at least trying to throw a hail mary or something. I called a timeout with 18 seconds left when I realized they weren't gonna do anything. I stopped them 1 play later and won the game, but it ruined a 38 to 35 game. Is that something others have experienced?

Sent from 713
5 years into franchise mode, at times I do see poor clock management by the CPU in 2 minute situations.

I believe the reason for this is likely tied into the way the 2-minute playcalling situation is handled. I notice this because I call plays according to my gameplan. Quite frequently, once I hit the 2-minute mark, I am left with only 1 play to call. That play is the one play I could not delete from my custom playbook. That play is also tied into "safe" or "4-minute offense". Sometimes, if I call a timeout, the 2 minute situational playcalls appear and sometimes.....they don't.

If the same situational playcalling mechanic holds true for the CPU, that certainly could partially explain why we see the 2 minute offense by the CPU handled poorly at times.

Last edited by edgevoice; 04-23-2019 at 11:08 AM.