View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 11:11 AM   #16
HereticFighter
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to alleviate rock state knee spam meta: Buff bodyhooks and smart body work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Bro, i'm gonna be as blunt as possible here.

You are WRONG. Body hooks do not need a buff. I couldn't possibly disagree more strongly.

First of all, the stationary rear knee SHOULD be faster than a stationary rear hook to the body. The knee is thrown from the stance, but the the right hook (The specific technique used in the game) requires a level change FIRST before the strike.

How could you argue "The reasoning isn't based on logic"?

Secondly, you always use Nick Diaz as an example, now also Max Holloway. I have one challenge for you. Provide a clip of Nick or Max throwing a body hook combo that isn't possible in the game right now.

That's all you need to do.

Lastly, i would agree with you if you asked for a body hook animation that didn't require a level change... The way the Diaz brothers throw it.. That'd be a different thing and something I personally would like. But the way the rear body hook specifically was animated flows realistically and the speed is appropriate considering the level change.
Where did this idea that people can't move their arms while beginning to duck come from? Why would someone level change first then throw a strike to the body unless they were ducking first then striking? In real life, its one FLUID motion, if your going to use a level change body strike, you start throwing the punch at the same time your body starts changing level. There isn't some huge reduction in speed because you slightly move forward.

Did anyone watch UFC 236 this weekend? i feel like there were some great examples of forward moving body punches, and they didn't look like molasses punches.