View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 01:06 PM   #12
OnlookerDelay
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PGA TOUR Golf Shootout, with Authentic TPC Courses, Available Now For iOS and And

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviegolfballs
Is nobody in the video game creation industry embarrassed that the best golf game ever is STILL Links 2003?* For the love of God please make a decent golf game!!!
Sort of along these lines... this is a snip of a post I just made in the HB Studios TGC 2019 XBox One forum section:

My all time deepest regret as a gamer is that Indie Built had the plug pulled on their studio by Take 2 Interactive while they were in the final stretches of getting Links 2007, for the XBox 360 ready for release. The former producer, of Links 2004 and the early stages of 2007, Daryl Welsh (who'd been promoted to a bigger role elsewhere) told me that it was a sight to behold on the 360, and he was so disappointed when the 80% completed work got mothballed... and later unintentionally lost. I would have loved to have seen what that looked like on the 360, as good as it looked on the lowly XBox OG :'(

Oh, I forgot... they were going to let Andrew Jones (Perfect Golf Producer) have the partially completed game code for FREE for him to complete and gave him access to the drives on which it was last stored. He couldn't find it but they only gave him a limited time before the facility was locked by court order. Andrew freely offered this information up in a dicsussion some of us were having about it at the Perfect Parallel forum. It's sad to think about all the countless man hours of work that went into that, only to learn that it all got carelessly and totally lost

I'd imagine that if Links 2007 had gone through to completion on the XBox 360, as Daryl Welsh was describing to me in an e-mail exchange, it might be the **** of the walk to this day in my cyber golf world! I still play Links 2004 a couple of times a month on my Falcon chipset XBox 360 in BC mode, at 720p