Old 05-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #19
saintrules
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Making the Leap From MLB The Show to Out of the Park Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukefan123a
So I bit the bullet and bought OOTP 20. I've been an avid player of MLB the Show and enjoy Franchise Mode the most, making trades, drafting prospects and trying to rebuild teams.

For those that are familiar with the game, what would you recommend I do when I start? Is there a franchise mode you can jump right into? Any suggestions that you think would help me dive into that simulation experience and help me learn the game would be great.
I would highly suggest just starting a franchise, it's the quickest way to learn. However, I wouldn't let this first chise be your lengthy one. Make mistakes, call guys up, send them down, adjust your roster a ton, and see how everything works. I'd then sim into the offseason after a few weeks (game weeks) to understand how the offseason works as well.

Everyone says "there's no wrong way to play OOTP" and that couldn't be more true. The game has so much complexity if you want it, so you need to know what options to hit or not hit & doing a dry run chise is the best way.