Old 05-01-2019, 07:24 PM   #54
aholbert32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
That's an inference on your part. You can be plural. Comp is being sheltered when you don't apply the same rules for them as you do for everyone else- that they can use the hard counter tools like everyone else has to, fun seems to matter so much when it comes to their preference but what about fun for the rest?

I will go to places like too once devs are active for UFC 4, but you said it yourself devs aren't active now. Using your logic does that mean that comp doesn't want to come to places like this because they'd be the 'minority'? Even tho this community has comp players among GCs and Devs like ESFL champs Papadoc, Retracted, ranked comp like Romero and Good Grappler, 1212. I have debated most of those, and also have regular posters that itch to discredit me like you keep trying to do too. So that point is moot really.

Your post about yourself is mostly a red herring (distracting) from the point that circling can be used offensively and defensively, balancing each other. I am addressing the argument itself and you keep bringing it back to yourself. IDK why...

You should mention things like that because it's disingenuous otherwise, comp not using the tools debunks your the point you are presenting that comp doesn't want circling because it encourages 'running' by showing the parallel between the critiques:

People complaining about pressure but not using the tools
Comp complaining about 'running' but not using the tools

There are tools to deal with both scenarios, devs will attest to this and I'm sure you would too. My point is there could be more tools for both sides. Circling achieves just that.

Because according to what you presented for them, "it's not fun". We all want to have fun, but weighing their subjective sense of 'fun' over
objective functionality is shortsighted.
There are no comp players in this thread that dont want circling so what the **** are you talking about? You have never witnessed a discussion I've had with a comp player when it comes to movement so how do you know what I "presented" or not? You dont. You are assuming alot of stuff and consistent with what happens when you assume....you are incorrect.

I've made so many arguments regarding movement that it would take me too long to list them. As Philli and Laurie can attest, I've been talking about this since launch. I've argued that "running" doesnt actually exist. I've argued that there are already tools that allow you to cut off the cage. I've argued that before the movement buffs that there werent enough tools for people to fight outside and at a distance. Ive argued that the circling angle should be significantly increased.

You havent heard those for 2 reasons. i) You arent a game changer so you have no idea what we have discussed. No idea at all. 2) You stay in the OS bubble and debate with like minded people.

Like minded doesnt mean they always agree with you. Out of all of the people you listed only Redacted is someone who isnt a sim obsessed player. 1212 is. So is Romero. They may disagree with how something is implemented. They may disagree with how important/urgent a certain suggestion is (like your hand fighting obsession) but its rare that they will disagree with whether it should be added at all. Thats the difference.

You havent debated with the GCs much because they dont spend much time here. Kenetic rarely posts here. Same with Zack. Zombie posts in spurts. Martial is a sim guy. MMA Game never posts here.

No one is trying to distract anyone. If people complain about constant pressure NOW, I will inform them that there are plenty of movement tools to combat that now. If people complain about adding movement tools because it will increase running, I'll make the same arguments that I have in the past against that.

The difference between me and you is I realize what the response is going to be. People still complain about constant pressure here even though there are more tools to combat that....they dont care. Even if you balance the circling off perfectly, comp players will still complain about running....they dont care.

And thats all I said. I said that people will complain and I reminded people about how much pull comp players have. I even said that I think this is something that should be added either way. Most can see that. You seem to have an issue with understanding that. So hopefully now that I've written this for like the 3rd time, you will finally get it.

Last edited by aholbert32; 05-01-2019 at 07:51 PM.