View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #15
Haze88
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden A.I not that bad (Truth is stranger than Fiction)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
As I said at the beginning of my post , we ALL agree the G.M. A.I. is simplistic and basic , which is what you are saying , that doesn't mean all of the criticism it receives is totally warranted however

People , myself included , make assumptions that future events will fall into a pattern they deem reasonable and realistic when in actuality they rarely do.

If I had booted up my CFM 2 years ago , simmed 2 years ahead and seen the Steelers had traded away both Martavis Bryant and Antonio Brown , lost Bell in FA , and lost Shazier forever I would , no doubt , of rolled my eyes and blamed EA for its stupidity, I'd never have thought it realistic, but it's happened.

I wasnt saying you are wrong , merely that SOME criticism is more a product of our own ideas and preconceptions of what is realistic
The difference is the circumstances that lead to this aren't in Madden anymore. Martavis' suspensions, Brown's attitude issues, Bell's holdout and Shazier's career ending injury aren't things that have been in Madden since the PS2. With those still in the game it would be implausible still but at least possible. Same with the Rosen/Murray thing. In Madden coaches do nothing and GMs don't adapt to the coaching changes either so it would be a case of Murray has higher ratings vs new coach wants his type of guy and Rosen would also still be on the roster rather than immediately traded. It does sound like some of this is finally coming back from Madden 05-07 franchise modes but based on the way it's been since the PS3 this would be rightly mocked in Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove