View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 12:42 AM   #31
Williamnewsnetwork
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Screenshots - Pro Bowl Players Have Their Team Helmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
I agree with you that there's trust issues between development and the final product, but I think the team was being honest with the reasons team specific helmets were difficult to add in.

It's not that it's necessarily "a memory issue making it impossible," but rather that, it's a memory issue that requires a lot of development time for a relatively low priority making it a difficult task to justify bumping ahead of something else.

The explanation for how they load uniforms, and why it made having ~32 potential helmets on the field at once a difficult task seemed pretty convincing to me. The helmet thing was just one of those easily identifiable issues of something that used to be in the game ~15 years ago, and it ends up being an easy thing to point to as general sloppiness / lack of detail. To me, personally, I've never cared about an individual incidence of sloppiness or lack of detail, but more or less, the overall sloppiness and lack of detail that leads to features/bugs like this.
I can co sign on that

Sent from my LGLS676 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove