View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 04:33 PM   #72
DeuceDouglas
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates

Something to look at when it comes to the whole SIM/casual/arcade thing is that CFM isn't bound by any of those. It's not like gameplay where there are specific Sim/Arcade/Comp tags that are specifically intended to provide a different experience. I know the jump gets made that because MUT is predominantly Comp therefore CFM should be Sim but that's not really the case at all.

I don't agree with it and I heavily dislike that it is the way it is but CFM since it's inception really has been geared towards the casual. You go back to the quote along the lines of if the 10-year old kid can't play it, what sense does it ever make to have deep features and how much emphasis has been placed on doing things quick and just getting through the mode at breakneck speed. Ideally, it'd be a mode where it'd be deep enough for those that want that experience to be satisfied with options to tone down how interactive you have to be and I think there have been baby steps towards that but things are so hamstrung by the direction CFM ultimately took that it's going to be hard to ever truly turn the tide on that.