View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 03:06 PM   #17
Pappy Knuckles
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Would you be interested in 2K football returning with no NFL license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
if 2k adds a franchise mode to APF, make it an all fictional league. then yes.
it would probably still be a niche product, but it would sell. APF2k8 game-play is still alot better than the current Madden.

the tiered/bronze, gold etc players was a great idea that kept the game play balanced and would go a long way in a franchise mode.
in addition, a fictional league that keeps historical records, where the users universe plays out in its own world would be great for us stats geeks.

starting a franchise league from year one has so much potential. in the draft do you draft a 21 year old rookie or do you draft a 33 year old qb with some professional experience. those types of elements in the APF player tiered structure really adds an element of team building

2k dropped the ball when they didnt include a franchise mode in the original APF2k
Great post. The tier system was fantastic. Experimenting with different lineups added a ton of replayability on its own. If that game had a franchise similar to what you have suggested.. oh man. I might still be playing it today.

I've often wondered where 2K football would be at this point if they never stepped away from the sport. It's hard to look at what NBA 2K has evolved into and not think like that sometimes. I think Madden getting an exclusive license was one of the worst things to ever happen in the landscape of sports gaming. We could've had something special and were robbed of any possibility of it happening.