View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #106
burningxspirit
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4 Wishlist!!!

I am probably in the minority but I like the gate system for subs. it just is long overdue for some evolution.

▪︎muscle modifier on offense/defense . to get a quicker sub or instant sub in some cases, or to escape and sweep.

▪︎option to easily release subs that are deeply locked in if you think the opponent will escape ,and maintain position. like let go of a deep RNC but keep position with body triangle locked in. or let go of arm triangle to keep side control. to balance that out, a deep choke should no longer do head damage so that the next punch knocks you out. I always thought that was pretty dumb despite me taking full advantage of it .

▪︎submission switching like undisputed . not just to different subs but also modifying your submission, like switching your grip on a RNC or allowing you to switch to a Rockhold style one arm Guillotine.

▪︎allow strikes to aid in blocking gate escapes, like elbows in when you have a deep triangle in.

just a few ideas... I think they should explore more options with the gates before they consider getting rid of them