Old 05-23-2019, 11:46 AM   #43
StormsWarning
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Future Classic Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentthealien
Storm if you complete 1989-2000 and then 2000-2010 then you are a god lol. That would be the PS4 equivalent of Browns33 rosters for Madden 16 and 15. That would be 21 years worth of football! I was going to to give my first attempt at Madden rosters by using the 02 and 05 rosters as bases for 2001,2003 and 2004, but if you’re going to eventually get to them I’ll probably save myself the work. This thread alone will probably make Madden 19 the must have Madden for me.

I did something very similar with the NHL series over the last 3 and a half years where over the course the course of 3 games(19,18,17) I have managed to do 35 years worth of rosters for myself. Even though that game doesn’t even have roster sharing I’ve also managed to share them with a few people who bought a program called Save wizard. I am currently finishing off the the early 80s on 18 and after that I might attempt the 70s on NHL 19.

What I’ve learned through that experience is that it is a lot of work doing continuous rosters and it is a daunting task that tests my patience and low attention span weekly. Between creating players, ratings, equipment , Jersey numbers and transactions it can be quite overwhelming. I’m probably still going to be editing equipment and player faces on those rosters for at least the next few years due to me rushing parts of the process so the best approach is to definitely take your time. If you do that then you’re golden

Since I was born in the early 90s I love all classic sports rosters before my time. It is honestly the best and most in depth way to learn about the history of each sport. You get to pay attention to far more than just the legends who are always talked about. You get to learn more about all the role players, one hit wonders and bench warmers as well. My favourite thing to do is go through each roster and see how stars and teams rise and fall each season. As a fan of the NFL,MLB, NBA and NHL these rosters have only helped grow my passion for each sport.

On one note though if you plan to to start with 1989 and continue down the rabbit hole there is one obstacle that I’m curious about how you’ll handle. That is keeping track of the players that retire each season. I have been trying to find a good site that keeps track of football retirements, but I’ve yet to find one. The closest thing I’ve found is Pro Sports transactions , but it is quite tedious and convoluted to sort through that site to find that information. Pro Football reference for some reason doesn’t keep track of it like Baseball, Basketball and Hockey reference do. So just a heads up as you might want to contact Browns 33 to see how he kept track of that.
Well I really wanted to do that, but since where all taking the approach of doing our own rosters, then for me yes it's going to take quite a bit of time. My dude brown33 did and outstanding job on that project and trust me there incredible, and I have all those sets in my xbox cloud, he even gave me permission awhile back to transfer all his sets over to the ps4.

But I had an emergency and was really left with no other choice but to sell my xbox to help get tires for my vehicle, it was a very quick type of situation where I needed cash right then and there.

I still havent been able to recover from that. To purchase another xbox. Believe me being able to basically copy in a side by side comparison would make it a whole lot quicker.

I still want to complete those sets, but I also thought about splitting them up, but I really hate gaps, so I'm going to take 1 roster set set a time. Tommy has agreed to be fully on board to help me with the 89 set. And I'll go from there and see where things are and how I'm feeling.

Tommy has a lot of knowledge on creating, editing and he will be heading the ratings and I'm very grateful to have him helping me with this.

As far as the retired players are concerned these rosters will not directly be for cfm, you can try and use them in there but since the playbooks that will be using and highly advised to use with these in a play now format to replicate that 1989 feel as close as possible. I cant really say how they'll play out in a cfm format, but yes All of my rosters will will be for a play now set up.

I'll be setting up manual single season match ups with some stats, awards, and playoffs. Which will be streamed on my YouTube channel. And that's how I plan to counter all this mess in cfm.

Cfm is ok for right now style of teams but for classics its terrible, and if you look back on a video when I tryed to use custom playbooks with custom rosters it was a full glitch fest. That's what started this fire in me to create these sets.

When I tryed Tommy's play now approach with his settings i cant stress enough how different the game play was watching a CPU vs CPU game and even playing a Hum vs CPU game. After that it was no looking back for me.

So from here on out, there will be days that I go super quiet, but just like my dude brown33 did, the fire will be released when its complete.

Iteach, and capa have plans on doing there rosters and I wish them all the best with them.

So I'll be taking the rosters just as there are seen on pro-reference and the football data base.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 05-23-2019 at 11:51 AM.