Old 05-27-2019, 11:39 PM   #2
knich1
Pro

knich1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AI Bullpen usage logic is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I started a franchise and decided to just play one random game per calendar day to start. As I hit late April in my season, playing with and against a bunch of teams already I noticed one common major flaw.

As I look at the bullpens of every team, the setup guys have pitched 2-5 innings, while long relief guys and middle guys wo are much lower overall have pitched 3-5x the amount of innings.

When playing a game the AI will bring in the LRP nearly every game regardless of score. They refuse to bring in their setup, 7th and 8th inning guys unless they are ahead. If the game is tied or they are down by just even one run they will bring in some scrub to pitch the 7th or 8th, or even 9th if losing or tied.

This is completely flawed and unrealistic. I know that irl these setup guys will pitch nearly every other day. I brought in Hembree for the Red Sox and in late April, it was only his second appearance!

The only way to remedy this is to do what I do. Switch sides on controller to manage the bullpen for the AI. It helps but kind of annoying. That really difficult at least.

I mean, I much rather see Hembree pitch the 8th inning of a tie game, who I manually brought in for the AI. Whereas they seriously were going to bring in Brandon freaking Workman. Who btw, energy half depleted probably because they pitch him every game.

I noticed it being a problem before but this year's game is the worst I've seen it. It really is an immersive killer when late in games the AI fumbles their bullpen logic in a tight game.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

It is a problem that I hope SDS fixes. The CPU finally brought in the CP in a non-save situation in 9th in my game. This was first fime two months in to season. I think the biggest problem is the SU slots not being used properly by CPU.