View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 10:45 PM   #2
TG The Punisher
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Random Slider Suggestions

I'm with you to a point, but in my view you overlooked something with respect to the sliders.

What you're suggesting is if you set the sliders at a certain level you'll always see the same thing. I agree with you to a degree, but if you know this going in, you can adjust your sliders to account for the 2 extremes you're pointing out and still get random deviation.

Look at it this way, the sliders are a random roll, like a dice. If you set a slider high, say WR Catch, your potential for getting the Receiver making a catch is very likely. Set it low and the potential is reduced. But that's all the sliders do, create potential, not certainty. All those sliders interacting with each other at various levels create randomness, based on the likelihood of the settings, not creating certainty.

So the objective with creating sliders is not to create a "cookie cutter" template, where you see the same thing over and over again, but to chase realism, which is admittedly subjective based on each of us as individuals, and variety, so every pass, every run, every attempted block or interception has the potential to occur, creating the variety you're looking for.

The problem in that, as you said, chasing the unicorn, is twofold. One, what I think is "realistic" or what I want to see may not be the same as what you or others do. So there is no "true" slider set that all can agree on, only a level of acceptance some adhere to. The second problem as you alluded to is patches. Many, not all, but many patches fundamentally change how those slider settings function, or create bugs that affect play. So the settings need constant adjustment until the patches stop.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TG The Punisher; 05-30-2019 at 10:54 PM.