View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 11:15 PM   #31
ncp10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR is Free For Xbox Live Gold Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Here's what HB Studios Producer Shaun West said about TGC 2019 being part of the "Games With Gold" release:

"Getting TGC19 on Games with Gold is a huge achievement for the franchise. Being part of this group of games for a one month period gives us an opportunity to significantly increase the userbase on Xbox and continue to increase the awareness of the game."

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/inde...html#msg340445

I think they've achieved their goal of giving the game greater exposure. There have been over 125 new reviews of the game on XBox Live since the free release, and roughly half of those are 4 or 5 star reviews. TGC 19 clubs on XBox Live have seen a tremendous uptick in enrollment, many Societies, including the one I help manage have seen a number of new membership requests.

How this will translate into sales for the next title in the franchise remains to be seen, but I bet the initial sales will easily top those of TGC 2019

Your observations here are all valid, and some of them can be explained. It's far too easy to power putts past the hole. I always to to imagine that the hole is actually 8 to 10% closer to me than the reported distance to help offset that tendency.

The fringes are pretty energy draining in this game. It may say it's 92-96% fringe, but the fringe in TGC 2019 is pretty "sticky", for lack of a better term. If I've got 2 feet of fringe in front of me, I'm going to add 6 feet of putt strength to the putt to counter it. I normally go with 3 feet of extra putt strength for every foot of fringe.
Thanks for that it may help! And hopeful to read Shaun's comments. Fantastic game and terribly addicting!
Advertisements - Register to remove