View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 02:44 PM   #6
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Watch Dogs Legion

I wasn't too thrilled with the rumors at first, but after seeing it in action and hearing their pitches I am much much more interested in the game. Much more than I was with WD2 and Marcus. From what I've read is that they have 20 unique voices/narratives for playable characters. So while you can play as any of the 9 million NPC's, they are going to have one of the 20 voices/narratives. Obviously it is expected that not all 9 million would have their own voice, narrative, etc. I was hoping that 20 was the absolute minimum they did since it seems you can have 20 active recruits at a time, but I was crossing my fingers they had closer to 40-50. However, all 20 seem like they are getting unique voice lines, it won't be all 20 reading the same script. The cinematics are supposed to be different for each narrative. That still is plenty of replay-ability if done right.

I really hope that their approach is successful. It is new and different. It is innovative and I would love to see more games in the future have as much variability to both the gameplay and story as this game potentially has.

― Plato