View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #23
RematchKing
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Oh, and to confirm, those videos for the Mike Tyson game are 100% not live gameplay. That's canned animations being played back in a pre-rendered environment.

There's a ton of techniques that can increase apparent fidelity of the graphics render, and indeed if we had PC builds they'd be closer to this. However even those have their limitations, and it's not always as straight forward as more power = better game. There's a reason it takes 100+ people a few years to make games like this...but damn, I can't wait for the day when tech and tools get to a point where making something like that is feasible as a video game!

But that's a wholly different topic
Thank you for actually acknowledging my comments about the PC version because everyone else here seems to be actively ignoring what I say, even if it’s true. I don’t care if you don’t like what I’m saying but I’m not speaking for pros. I’m speaking for UFC fans that want a game to have fun on and not have to sweat in quick match because everyone is fresh off of a MartialMind video (love the dude btw. Nice work in that random fighter select with Matthews) and wants to come and do all of this crazy crap in unranked and then send messages afterwards.

I don’t see any reason why there isn’t a PC version of this game especially after the amount of time the game has been out. PCs are a LOT more capable than consoles are and I can rattle off games that show this. It’s not even purely a power thing. We can literally adapt our system to match whatever criteria needed to run the game the way the devs want it to run. You can’t do that on these consoles currently and that leads to people having unfair frame advantages because they have a PS4 Pro or an XOX. I love these games but I hate having to play them on inferior hardware when I know I can get buttery smooth frame rates and super detailed textures and dynamic lighting and ray tracing and whatnot. That can NOT be done on consoles right now.

I honestly think the devs are getting far too much input from people that play this game constantly and nothing else. Regular people don’t want these spammy tactics. Everything here is met with “Oh, you’re having trouble with this? This is the counter.” That’s not always the answer because there are things that there are counters for but I shouldn’t need to counter something that you shouldn’t be able to do in the first place.

Why do I have to learn these stupid counters because this guy wants to exploit things? Things like that are always brought up by people like me and we’re constantly told to “shut up” because we aren’t “pros”. Last I checked, this was a GAME not a simulator for you guys to live out your UFC fantasies. Regular people also play these games and it’s regular people that support them. You “pros” are a minority compared to the people that buy this game. And I’m division 4 so it’s not like I just don’t know what I’m doing at all. I love this sport but the community here is very reluctant to change because then they won’t be able to dominate the meta.