View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #15
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1980 Season Roster PS4

I started the 1980 season today, in Play Now mode keeping track of all the stats. I watched the first game: 49ers vs. Saints (Battle of the Cellar Dwellers)
The game played beautifully. The Saints won 32-26 in overtime. The 49ers had a chance to win just before regulation ended, but missed a 45 yard field goal wide left.

I used the West Coast playbook for the 49ers and my 1980BAL playbook for the Saints. Both teams were more pass oriented in real life, and the playcalling in the game was solid. The 49ers threw 62% and ran 38%. In real life, for the entire season, the 49ers were 60% pass and 40% run. The Saints threw 52% and ran 48% in the game. In real life they were 64% pass and 34% run for the season. I will take those numbers for a one game sample size. The Saints led through a good portion of the game so it makes sense they would run a little more.

Overall though, I am very happy with how the game played out. Again, that was CPU vs CPU in Play Now. I hope to get in the Giants vs. Cardinals later today.

Please let me know your thoughts on the roster. I would like some additional feedback too!
Advertisements - Register to remove