View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #7
MrWrestling3
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Time to Redefine Diffculty Levels? Must Read!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
You guys are right of course, the main problem is that the task is quite simply very hard to do. Programming the AI to mimic how human being play and having the animation systems match up with that is obscenely difficult.

The other issue is a more cynical take in that there is too much revenue now coming from the online portion of the game to allow too great a level of failure for most of their consumer base because of incompetence. Players are just going to quit playing if they're shooting 35% from the field, 25% from 3pt range and committing 20 TOs a game because they don't actually know how to play basketball.
It's kind of a catch 22...right now people complain that there isn't a realistic skill gap due to the game being based too much on how well you can "cheese" via animations,badges,etc.On the other hand you are quite likely right that many would struggle exactly as you described then would complain that the game is "too hard".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
People complain about doing that now and blame it on the devs so I don't see how it'd be any different lol

I personally think the difficulty levels are fine the way they are. Having All-Star/Superstar be the difficulty the devs think plays best is perfect. If it's too easy you can adjust the sliders or move up to Hall of Fame. I honestly believe some of you want Hall of Fame to be "default sim" so you can brag about it and feel superior to others who don't play on it. Just a personal opinion.
That kind of happens already...some segments of the community tend to hold an attitude of "If you can't destroy the CPU on HoF, you're bad at 2K."

Honestly, I'd rather see there not even be "difficulty levels" per say, just more like a selection of definitive skill based play styles so that EVERYONE can just tailor their experience for actual fun both online and offline instead of feeling like they have to grind in some other mode in a way they probably don't enjoy just to not be punished VC wise.

Want to only play organized team ball? Cool....put it on full sim and hit up the Pro Am online.

Want to just hit some crazy dunks,threes,etc.? Also cool, you should be able to put in on a minimal sim mode, go to the Park.Maybe 2K could implement some sort of online competitive And 1 style street ball league in addition to what they already have going for people to do their thing.

Same with PNO, people should be able to match with other players looking for the same experience they are instead of relying on luck of the draw then hoping the other guy doesn't play in some way that ends up being more annoying than fun.