View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 03:52 AM   #8
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: So, what new team are you going to join in MyCareer on 2k20?

I would really prefer they go back to the draft format. I'm getting tired of the undrafted underdog storylines. It is convenient for you to be able to choose which team you want to play with from the jump. But I want that realism of not having control. Just keep rhe same format they had for years where you can enter FA after year 1.

I'm on the fence on whether I want to play Mycareer this year. I have only played Mycareer since it's conception. But last couple years with these archetype systems and not even being able to control how I upgrade my player, I might just do a Player Lock MyLeague. I'm a offline MyCareer player. I can have fun being able to play GM once my player gets to 90. My career Teammates have gotten a lot better last 2-3 years. Before then, MyCareer waa built around your player scoring 40-50+ points a game just to win. Now, I can have a realistic statistical game and win. I just have gotten tired of these restrictive archetypes. I'm a offline player, I don't want to be limited to what these builds produce. We're pretty much glorified role players relying on badges to make up for average ratings and forced to start out at 60 OVR because they want to force you to spend extra money to make your player competitive faster. So I might stick with MyLeague Player Lock.

Rant finished. I usually do Frontcourt builds and have more fun. But I feel it is little too easy as a big man in MyCareer. Then I usually do PGs. I almost never commit to doing a wing player. So I want to create a Two-Way SF. I usually don't play on competitive teams in MyCareer. I usually play on a young team with another promising rookie. So I can just focus mainly on developing player year 1. Where I hope the team has a low enough record to get a top 6-9 pick in following draft. 2k's generated players can get OP at times. I remember I'm 2k18 my team ended up with #1 pick and that guy was a phenom by year 3. So looking at a young team with a promising rookie that needs a SF. I leaning heavily towards The Memphis Grizzlies. They'll have Morant, JJJ, and Brooks. It'll allow my player to be primary defender and scorer.

Last edited by illwill10; 07-13-2019 at 05:59 AM.