View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #97
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
As long as someone is making an NFL game and CFB continues to be one of the most popular sports in the country then there will always be a chance for a licensed college football game to release. With EA making Madden for the foreseeable future and already tapping into the collegiate game again then I don't think NCAA 14 will be the last licensed CFB game we'll ever have. Once everything is figured out and if we see players allowed to profit off of their likenesses then I expect a few years after that to see the series return.

We already know that EA was willing to pay to have everyone's likeness before the series stopped, but the NCAA said no, so I'd assume that EA would be willing to pay the players all a flat rate for their likeness in the future if given the chance. The amount of money they'd make in the first week of Ultimate Team would probably cover the cost of using the likenesses.
The California Bill hasn't officially passed. There's still more phases to go, I think there is another court date for it in August.
I agree. I don't think NCAA 14 will be last licensed NCAA game. EA has shown that they want to make it. Besides NCAA Basketball, EA has shown patience with sports games even if it doesn't sale well. Compared to 2k, who has dropped games if it doesn't sale well. The main reason to be skeptical about future of NCAA Football is the NCAA. NCAA and Mark Emmert seems to be reluctant on allowing players to be compensated for licensed. Feels like NCAA created the working groups just because there is so much outside pressure for them to avoid it