Home

The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

This is a discussion on The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
As long as someone is making an NFL game and CFB continues to be one of the most popular sports in the country then there will always be a chance for a licensed college football game to release. With EA making Madden for the foreseeable future and already tapping into the collegiate game again then I don't think NCAA 14 will be the last licensed CFB game we'll ever have. Once everything is figured out and if we see players allowed to profit off of their likenesses then I expect a few years after that to see the series return.

We already know that EA was willing to pay to have everyone's likeness before the series stopped, but the NCAA said no, so I'd assume that EA would be willing to pay the players all a flat rate for their likeness in the future if given the chance. The amount of money they'd make in the first week of Ultimate Team would probably cover the cost of using the likenesses.
The California Bill hasn't officially passed. There's still more phases to go, I think there is another court date for it in August.
I agree. I don't think NCAA 14 will be last licensed NCAA game. EA has shown that they want to make it. Besides NCAA Basketball, EA has shown patience with sports games even if it doesn't sale well. Compared to 2k, who has dropped games if it doesn't sale well. The main reason to be skeptical about future of NCAA Football is the NCAA. NCAA and Mark Emmert seems to be reluctant on allowing players to be compensated for licensed. Feels like NCAA created the working groups just because there is so much outside pressure for them to avoid it
Old 07-10-2019, 11:21 PM   #98
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

Quote:
Yeah i guess so because i see it on Sportscenter so i thought they said they passed the bill and it does go up for review in til Aug. So thats what i was talking about
Old 07-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #99
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Watched a SGO video and it does bring up possible concerns and doubts. Even if NCAA does allow compensation and allows NIL in games, I feel NCAA will be very strict on what will be allowed in game. I think they are going to want no roster sharing in the game at all. Some teams are too concerned with possible lawsuits. I feel they are going to want a lot more creative control this time. So less customization will be a result.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:30 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If we are getting player likeness out of the box with real names then I would personally be okay without roster sharing.

― Plato
Old 07-16-2019, 06:44 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
If we are getting player likeness out of the box with real names then I would personally be okay without roster sharing.
Me too. It isn't a Gamerbreaker for me and after 3rd season, there is basically whole new roster anyway. Plus I usually play with a lower school to start so I'm not focused on names anyway.

My doubts is if NCAA tries to find any way to put up roadblocks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 07:14 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I wish that Microsoft and Sony would both find ways to allow users to share save files like in the old days. Now everything is tied to a profile and has to be broken open and reassigned ad whatnot to share. If files were able to be shared via a console feature then the loss of roster sharing would not be a big deal at all.

I do wonder if the new game were to come out in the future sometime if even things like Conference Realignment would be taken out. It doesn't really have anything to do with the case, but you never know what the NCAA will want to limit.

― Plato
Old 07-16-2019, 07:37 PM   #103
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Here's to Hope.....🤞🤞🤞🤞
Old 08-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I know the working group had a meeting last Tuesday about the initial progress so far before the final report in October is due. So we are 2 months away from having an idea of what the future of NCAA holds.
I have doubts because of all the NCAA reports for the past few months. NCAA has been painting them selves as bad guys. Which makes me think they are very relucant in trying to compensate student athletes. I feel like what might happen is they either reject the idea of player compensation or agree to it but it will turn out to be heavily controversial

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »