View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #8
edgevoice
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Your favorite Madden video game

For it's time, Madden 12 was probably my favorite overall, in that I played it for 5 straight years. Each team I played truly felt different, due to dynamic gameplans. Also, I could set up and organize my own gameplan and those plays would stack in order as to how I rated them. Furthermore, the custom sliders in that game worked amazingly well. If you just had the patience to carefully and evenly defeat sliders on the user side until the kick meter went All Madden fast, the gameplay experience was extremely challenging, without a scripted feel to the outcomes.

Overall, besides the countless tuning updates and bugs that arose during the cycle, Madden 19 was the most fun to play. While it was painfully obvious that EA was unable to properly tune RPM to CPU ballcarriers, I loved the feel of controlling my ballcarriers with it. I felt like my player was on the field, rather than "floating" above it. Also, the improvements regarding Cover 3 Match, Tampa 2 and Man Coverage were outstanding. Finally, I could stop "all curls" by playing man and shading both inside and underneath.

Revisionist history, but I do wish that EA could have kept and built onto the framework that was in place for Madden 12, while adding online features like MUT separately.