Old 07-18-2019, 02:54 PM   #26
Kushmir
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Hoping "Hands Up" MORE EFFECTIVE in 2K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
As a working adult, I get that there is a good chance that developers may be understaffed with tons of works to get done,so time is at a premium and things like full rebuilds just aren't possible. I'm just out here trying to work with what we already have to come up with some solutions that might be practical to implement on limited resources. Now on to business...
This is sooo important. Years ago Czar's explanation about how creating new systems can take an entire dev cycle emphasizes how finding solutions in the current game is paramount. Sliders FTW.

Quote:
The way it is right now, Charging Foul Frequency is too low,which lets offensive players bang away without get whistled for it.It also why the AI only rarely tries to take a charge, it literally looks at the Foul Frequency settings and says "Hmm...I'm more likely to get a Blocking Foul than drawing a Charge,I might as well stay with the safer option and try to contest it."
I chuckled reading this [emoji23]. But you're spot on...the AI doesn't perform actions that are low percentage or don't work. That it prefers contesting over drawing charges shows you how badly skewed that part of the game is.

Quote:
It is a similar situation with Clip#2, currently in PNO it is set to be a bit lenient on defensive calls.When that type of situations depicted occurs too regularly, it is a sure sign that Foul Frequency(hence the no call despite clear contact in the restricted arc) and Layup Defense Strength(giving the contest too much of an effect despite being in bad position) are an issue.
All true. And the simple truth is we don't want EZ-MODE..as it shatters the skill gap. Call fouls--it'll only make the overall game better. Effective contests from "beat" position from JJ Redick should be super RARE. The play below (or a whistle) should be the norm.

Last edited by Kushmir; 07-18-2019 at 04:00 PM.