View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 06:27 AM   #52
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

I'm in the midst of a 4-game win streak and have gotten to 10-5 heading into the final game of the year vs. DEN.

It's been an interesting season. I'm winning, but barely. I've got the best offense and the worst defense by yards and points, and they're almost mirroring each other.

On offense, AB has been transcendent. He eclipsed Megatron's record for receiving YDS in a season and has just topped 2K YDS. He won't have a shot at the REC or TD marks (unless I force feed him 4 TD passes vs. a tough DEN secondary), but it's cool to know that my first season was something for the record books.

Clelin topped 10 sacks, as did Hurst, making for a formidable inside-outside rush tandem.

I'll have more on stats for the team once I finish the DEN game.

For those following the Rodney Hudson Chronicles, I offered him more than what he asked for (a total of 11M/YR w/ 5M/YR guaranteed) and he spurned me for more base salary. My pride tells me to franchise him and let that be it. No long-term-deal soup for you!

On the other hand, I extended both Burfict and Marshall in-season. They are the top 2 tacklers in the NFL and are a great tandem.

I'm loving how the new ratings spread makes you really value mid-70s starters. I had to pay Burfict way more than I'd have had to pay him last year, which I love, and he's totally worth it.

On to DEN...