View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 09:06 PM   #50
StormsWarning
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 20: Classic Rosters, .... Is it worth it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I will have playbooks for the 1988 season for sure. Those will certainly work for 80s and 90s for sure.

I plan to make, at a minimum for that roster, the following:
Offense:
80s balanced style: multiple formations, lots of variety, geared toward running between 47-52 percent of the time. Shotgun formations for passing situations and occasionally on first down.

80s Run heavy: Mostly two back formations with lots of runs and play action. Very little shotgun formation stuff except in certain situations. Running between 50-55 percent of the time.

80s Pass heavy: think Miami Dolphins. Still a lot of two back sets but with a fair amount of shotgun plays. Pass about 50-60 percent of the time.

80s West Coast: Lots of two back formations with lots of short passes, slants, etc. Old School 49ers

Air Coryell: Fairly pass heavy playbook, more TE seam patterns. This playbook could get cut depending on how he pass heavy one goes.

Singleback: Mostly singleback sets with 2TEs. Think Redskins under Joe Gibbs.

Defense:
Base 3-4: Lots of front adjustments, limited blitzes, no lineman falling back into coverage.

Attack 3-4: More blitz heavy style 3-4. The occasional zone blitz(lineman in coverage) Think Giants,

Base 4-3: Limited blitzes, multiple front options. Cowboys under Landry

Attack 4-3: More blitzes, and may have a 46 package available. Think Bears and Eagles

Those should provide enough variety to make teams feel unique.
This is exactly what I was looking for and as the rosters drop by year we can then apply them to teams! Now this right here has me fully excited and ready. I will begin 89 first to follow ur 88. Officially tommrow. And will post progress. It has begun!