View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 03:34 PM   #180
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Josh, would you be so kind and share your thoughts on following adjustments and how they may impact CFM gameplay?

1) raising threshold (e.g. to 75)?

Midway through last year, EA increased the values in threshold to where old 50 was the new 75, and old 0 was the new 50, or something like that. You yourself ran with 60 or 65 after that change. What if this increase in threshold values applies to M20 as well? Shouldn't we play with 75 threshold, then?

2) what do you think about setting your profile difficulty to something else than what you run with inside your CFM?

E.g. you select "Rookie" when setting up your profile but then select "All Pro" when starting a CFM? (Schnaidt, for example, uses this.) What good/bad does it do?

3) if you were to change some gameplay sliders in your CFM, would you first change them in MM and import them into CFM, or run with default values in MM and make adjustments strictly inside CFM?

Many thanks in advance for your kind input. [emoji846]
1. First, 75 thresh was way too high (in hindsight, the original 50 was too high as well) last year....made linemen too fast relative to the backs and de-synced the run game (in addition to causing QB AI issues). I tested thresh extensively this year and based on what I observed, it's my opinion that Thresh should be no higher than 52 unless you are willing to modify gameplay sliders.

2. I have not tested this type of approach this year so I will not comment.

3. Neither approach is "better" - I recommend following the lead of whoever's slider set you are using.

Edit: as a side-note....I don't feel that I am quite done yet with thresh...the more of a feel I get for the game, the more the little imperfections are standing out.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-06-2019 at 03:51 PM.