View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #259
Jagsfan24
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So, I'm using the Redskins too....and Peterson/Love both got hurt (which makes sense given their ratings) along with Thompson. Peterson is now back and rolling and Love is due back soon. Ironically, Guice held up pretty well.

I'll say a couple of things:

1. Dropping the injury slider will basically kill-off injuries at all other positions - this is a complete non-starter for me.
2. Dropping the injury slider will have a deleterious impact on gameplay (loosening things up too much). Believe me, I have tried to make it work on lower levels - it just feels 'off' to me.
3. For whatever reason, the first game or two in franchise are ALWAYS the worst when it comes to injuries; it was like that last year too. I think it's a "slider settling-in" thing.
4. Injury/toughness ratings matter...A TON. It's your franchise - you want to edit their ratings a bit....go ahead. I personally decided to take the blows as they come....it's WAY more interesting/immersive that way.

If I had my druthers (or was on PC) - I would increase injury frequencies across the board, but drop HB and WR back to the same levels as other positions. That's not an option....and frankly, that's the only wart we have here....I'm good with that.
This is why a lot of times i get mad if i start a new franchise to play with a star player and within the first few plays he gets injured lol. I started a Jets franchise to play with Bell and on the 2nd play of the game he got injured, luckily was only out the game