Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2019, 03:09 PM   #257
Rookie

Phillyboy67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

As a guy who went from a teenager following Josh’s NCAA sliders to still hanging around these threads with adult life hitting me like a truck I appreciate the time everybody puts into sliders still. Truly amazing.

These are playing great coverage looks way better now that my dumb self isn’t run committing every play haha
Old 08-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #258
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
As an aside, we’re trying to get some light on the injury issues with Clint on Twitter (focus on lack of oline injuries right now).

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
My back up LT went down with an ACL sprain for 12 weeks.....IR'd him to be able to carry an extra WR he he he.

They happen.

Also I do turn up the injury slider to 52 when advancing to the next week and you will see a good spread on injuries throughout the season around the league.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #259
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
So, I'm using the Redskins too....and Peterson/Love both got hurt (which makes sense given their ratings) along with Thompson. Peterson is now back and rolling and Love is due back soon. Ironically, Guice held up pretty well.

I'll say a couple of things:

1. Dropping the injury slider will basically kill-off injuries at all other positions - this is a complete non-starter for me.
2. Dropping the injury slider will have a deleterious impact on gameplay (loosening things up too much). Believe me, I have tried to make it work on lower levels - it just feels 'off' to me.
3. For whatever reason, the first game or two in franchise are ALWAYS the worst when it comes to injuries; it was like that last year too. I think it's a "slider settling-in" thing.
4. Injury/toughness ratings matter...A TON. It's your franchise - you want to edit their ratings a bit....go ahead. I personally decided to take the blows as they come....it's WAY more interesting/immersive that way.

If I had my druthers (or was on PC) - I would increase injury frequencies across the board, but drop HB and WR back to the same levels as other positions. That's not an option....and frankly, that's the only wart we have here....I'm good with that.
This is why a lot of times i get mad if i start a new franchise to play with a star player and within the first few plays he gets injured lol. I started a Jets franchise to play with Bell and on the 2nd play of the game he got injured, luckily was only out the game
Old 08-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #260
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
This is why a lot of times i get mad if i start a new franchise to play with a star player and within the first few plays he gets injured lol. I started a Jets franchise to play with Bell and on the 2nd play of the game he got injured, luckily was only out the game
See....when that happens to me, I get excited and go "OOhhh...a storyline!"

(Yes, I'm a weird sim-head)
Old 08-09-2019, 04:19 PM   #261
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
See....when that happens to me, I get excited and go "OOhhh...a storyline!"

(Yes, I'm a weird sim-head)
I guess we are crazy people Josh.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #262
Rookie

For me, injuries happen in the NFL all the time. It stinks to start a CFM and then some of the best players go down at the start. With that being said a good example of worst case scenario in the NFL is the Skins. Look at last year at QB, the used everyone from Smith to Sanchez because of injuries. Guice went down in the preseason, etc. etc.

EA does have a tendency to go heavy one way or the other with things. Like Josh said, it used to be no injuries would happen at all, now they seem to be wild with it. In the end though, I learn to deal with the injuries and make adjustments as best as I can. I think it can make the game more interesting..and the game play is solid and I don't want to mess with it by messing with the slider.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:13 PM   #263
Rookie

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Hey Josh, I’m back again for Madden 20! I just had a question for you since you seem to know how madden works. So Im in my Cowboys franchise and every game has been playing well except one area, user running game. I know I have the Cowboys o-line and zeke and I should be able to run effectively, but Im consistently shredding defenses throughout the season, no matter who I play. I think I get around 200+ rushing yards a game and it’s causing me to beat every team I play. Now, if I wanted to maybe tighten up the running game a little, do you know of any specific sliders I should mess with to see if I can fix it a little? Thank you! The game plays great except this one area.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-09-2019, 08:19 PM   #264
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Josh, what does the 49 D Hold contribute?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »