View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:01 PM   #315
tc020791
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Will be watching your 2nd season closely in regards to injuries. Curious to see if year 2 will lessen ball carrier injuries.

For me it’s the biggest “obstacle” left with the gameplay. The QB drop back is ugly, but that’s an EA fix.

I’ve gone the roster edit route, and added +5 to all HB’s injury rating. That has done almost nothing to lessen the frequency. My next route will be to look at the toughness rating. Maybe we can’t lessen frequency, but my hope would be to lessen the severity.

Will let you guys know if I find anything worthwhile.

It’s actually kind of fun knowing that RBs are more fragile in the beginning of the year. It also makes sense in a way, because player’s bodies aren’t used to the punishment early in the season. It brings in a whole new level of strategy early on in your season. Do you give Saquon 25 touches week 1 and risk losing him for 6 weeks? Or do you just give him 15 and see if you can still come up with the win. People also probably don’t realize that if your stamina is low, you’re probably more likely to get injured. I can’t say for sure though. But it seems if you keep feeding your RB he will eventually get hurt. You can’t give it to him 4 times in a row. Teams don’t do that anymore in the NFL. When you meet a safety or linebacker at the sideline are you going to try and juke him or are you going to step out of bounds? I’ve been loving having to actually think about stuff like this. I never have before in Madden. It also makes sense because RBs are by fair the most injured players of all sports, let alone football.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by tc020791; 08-12-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove