View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 09:26 PM   #538
Rob9874
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Are you guys with high completion % running more zone or man?
How often are you in Nickel/ Dime?
How often do you blitz?
Is the cpu spreading the ball around or killing you with one man?
How often are you pressing coverage?
How often do you spotlight a CPU reciever?
I'm playing Man coverage most plays, as Zone feels broken. I can show you screenshots of their WR catching the ball, with no defender within 10 yds of him. I blitz occasionally, when warranted. They spread it around, but it seems I get burned by TE's more than anything. I'm not spotlighting any receivers, too much work presnap. I liked the old Madden where you could pause the game and set it to double team a certain receiver all game. Don't have time to set it every snap. And I'm not adjusting my rosters each game either, to match up vs their players.

It's gotten much better. I'm learning defensive techniques that help disrupt the passing game. Just got burned bad by Darnold that last game.

Game I just finished (I'm the Cards, playing the Eagles):
Wentz: 27/36 (75%), 365 yds, 3 TD, 2 int
Murray: 14/20 (70%), 136 yds, 2 TDs, 0 int (odd game, I'm leading the NFL in passing yds)

Hunt (Cards): 26 att, 202 yds, 1 TD
David Johnson: 7 att, 45 yds, 0 TD
Chris Thompson (Eagles): 13 att, 54 yds, 0 TDs

I won 31-28. Wasn't that close, but they blocked a punt and ran it for TD with 1:50 left in the game. I did have a great interception on the goal line with my MLB that I ran back 100 yds for a pick 6. At the end, he was getting real slow and Wentz caught up to him and tackled him right at the end zone line.

I lowered threshold back to 50, but feel rushing may be too easy (202 yds), so I might go back to 52. I also lead the league in rushing D. Anyone else dominating rush D on these sliders?

Last edited by Rob9874; 08-29-2019 at 10:32 PM.