View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #8
RollTideRoll0929
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why are all my players on my franchise team always low on stamina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
The stamina system sucks, and the fact that it’s based on the durability stat sucks the most. I usually feel I have to edit everyone’s durability to 99 just because it’s more realistic to me that majority of your players play a majority of the 162. They have to have an off day every 4-5 games if you want them to have decent stamina throughout. But if you do that, there is no such thing as an injury prone player. It also boosts everyone’s overall which can be annoying for morale, salary, trade value, etc. I don’t know why it’s hard to make a separate stamina and durability stat, or why they can’t implement a stamina slider. Pro Yakyuu Spirits has a changeable fatigue level, to the point where some of your players can play all 146 games.
I just found out about Pro Yakyuu a couple of weeks ago. I ran across a YouTube video for it and I've been very intrigued by it. Theres a lot of really awesome looking elements and the animations look fantastic, definitely a game I'd be interested in playing. I really wish they had an English translation menu option or a demo I could download for it, but may just roll the dice and buy a copy and figure out how to navigate the menus thru trial and error.

I do love The Show, I think it's an amazing game and in many ways it replicates the sport of baseball very well, captures a lot of the little details that many sports games fail to. As much as I love The Show, this stamina issue is making Franchise mode completely unenjoyable to the point that I am almost ready to give up on it altogether, it's that big of an issue in my eyes.

Now I've never played a franchise mode on any of The Show games, I've always just done RTTS and exhibition games, so I'm not sure if this is an ongoing thing with the previous titles or something that was implemented recently. Surely if they had a stamuna/fatigue system in other games this would have been brought to SDS's attention long,long ago, I'd hope anyways. I'd have to rest my players for 2 or 3 straight days to completely replenish the stamina meter only to have it drain back down in 3 or 4 games. I'd have to pick and choose which players to sit each game as I only have enough subs to sit 5 players each game.

I only have a couple of utility infielders on my bench so I'd only be able to sit a couple starting infielders each game. I'd only be able to play my starters in about 100-120 games each year which is ridiculous. The only option I have left to try and make franchise mode playable is to jump the durability up to 99 for each player and I really, really hate the idea of doing this but honestly what other choice do I have??