Home

Why are all my players on my franchise team always low on stamina?

This is a discussion on Why are all my players on my franchise team always low on stamina? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2019, 01:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why are all my players on my franchise team always low on stamina?

I'm about 12 games in to my franchise mode and I notice that 5 or 6 of my starters are below half stamina when in setting the lineup. Surely they're not THAT worn out yet! I mean the season JUST started. Am I doing something wrong? Surely I don't have to sit my starters after every 3 games. I do pinch hit for them frequently and they so recover a little bit in between series when theres a day off in between but after a couple games they're back at half stamina or lower. Is there not a slider or something I can adjust to tweak this and make it more accurate?? Its hard to win games when my team is completely depleted and I dont have enough players to sub for everybody. I could understand if they had played 140 straight games with no rest but we are talking 11 or 12 games into the season and my guys are gassed already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 03:23 AM   #2
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Why are all my players on my franchise team always low on stamina?

take a look at each players age. the older they get the faster their stamina drains.. at least that is my theory on it. I am probably way off on that too. I would go to SCEA's twitter account and ask them. or Ranter MLB the shows' account.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I've always thought of the Stamina bar as representing minor, playable injuries, the kind of everyday wear and tear that can escalate into a more serious injury. You can keep playing the player even on "low stamina", and in my experience it doesn't seem to effect performance too much. It does seem to impact the odds of injury though.

I would agree, there needs to be a slider that changes the rate of stamina drain. It's something I've been asking for for a long time. However, I have discovered a few things which may help manage stamina drain for your players.

All fielder's lose stamina at the same rate. Stamina is lost per pitch on the field (that includes batting and running, so it is possible for a DH to lose stamina on a day). At the end of each day, every player then regains stamina. How much they regain is based on their durability attribute. The equation isn't one to one, as someone with 0 durability will still gain some stamina and someone with 99 durability won't recover all of their stamina from 0, but it's clear that high durability players recover faster.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-27-2019, 11:13 AM   #4
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I've always thought of the Stamina bar as representing minor, playable injuries, the kind of everyday wear and tear that can escalate into a more serious injury. You can keep playing the player even on "low stamina", and in my experience it doesn't seem to effect performance too much. It does seem to impact the odds of injury though.

I would agree, there needs to be a slider that changes the rate of stamina drain. It's something I've been asking for for a long time. However, I have discovered a few things which may help manage stamina drain for your players.

All fielder's lose stamina at the same rate. Stamina is lost per pitch on the field (that includes batting and running, so it is possible for a DH to lose stamina on a day). At the end of each day, every player then regains stamina. How much they regain is based on their durability attribute. The equation isn't one to one, as someone with 0 durability will still gain some stamina and someone with 99 durability won't recover all of their stamina from 0, but it's clear that high durability players recover faster.

I was under the impression that the durability rating determined how fast the green health bar on the lineup screen drained, not how fast it filled up, but I could be totally wrong, along with how susceptible they were to injuries in general.

But now you've got me thinking... I have noticed certain players on my team after a game seem to get more tired than others which I'm wondering outside of the durability factor if that has to do with how much action they see in a game in general or if when using directional hitting if the directions according to the hitting guide that add power to a swing will cause them to use more energy and therefore deplete stamina faster than other swing types, and 99.5% of the time I use the X button for a normal swing type, just with directional influence.

As far as pitcher stamina is concerned I haven't had any issues with starters not being fully green on game day, and with relievers becoming tired what you would think is too soon while keeping pitch count into consideration, I have heard that there was some sort of bug with the quick menu, but I think a lot of that has to do with how soon they begin to prepare and how much they prepare in the bullpen before you bring them into the game as I haven't had much issue.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:05 PM   #5
Rookie

VinceJulien14's Arena

I have noticed some fielders tend to make more errors as well when their stamina bar is low, but I could just be imagining things.
I agree that the energy bar does seem to deplete annoyingly fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, I'm all in favor of having a stamina bar that depletes as the season goes on, or a durability meter that drains as you play games, I'm definitely not advocating removing it, I think it's an awesome idea and I think I get what the devs were trying to do; making the grind of a 162 game season affect players attributes and put them more at risk of injury.

I completely get what they're trying to do, but I strongly feel feel that they went overboard with this concept, and it's actually starting to make me not enjoy my franchise as much as I thought I would. It was an awesome idea but it was poorly implemented.

After 8 games, my 24 year old shortstop has almost identical stamina to my 38 year old first baseman. After giving a player a day off, the stamina meter goes up a little but soon as you play another game its back down where it was. What am I supposed to do, give my star players a week off?? I even stopped all my position players training for a few days to see if that made a difference.

As it is right now, the stamina system absolutely sucks and I'm thinking if enough people bring this issue to light, maybe they can adjust it to not drain so quickly and make it more realistic.

Last edited by RollTideRoll0929; 08-27-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:38 AM   #7
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

The stamina system sucks, and the fact that it’s based on the durability stat sucks the most. I usually feel I have to edit everyone’s durability to 99 just because it’s more realistic to me that majority of your players play a majority of the 162. They have to have an off day every 4-5 games if you want them to have decent stamina throughout. But if you do that, there is no such thing as an injury prone player. It also boosts everyone’s overall which can be annoying for morale, salary, trade value, etc. I don’t know why it’s hard to make a separate stamina and durability stat, or why they can’t implement a stamina slider. Pro Yakyuu Spirits has a changeable fatigue level, to the point where some of your players can play all 146 games.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
The stamina system sucks, and the fact that it’s based on the durability stat sucks the most. I usually feel I have to edit everyone’s durability to 99 just because it’s more realistic to me that majority of your players play a majority of the 162. They have to have an off day every 4-5 games if you want them to have decent stamina throughout. But if you do that, there is no such thing as an injury prone player. It also boosts everyone’s overall which can be annoying for morale, salary, trade value, etc. I don’t know why it’s hard to make a separate stamina and durability stat, or why they can’t implement a stamina slider. Pro Yakyuu Spirits has a changeable fatigue level, to the point where some of your players can play all 146 games.
I just found out about Pro Yakyuu a couple of weeks ago. I ran across a YouTube video for it and I've been very intrigued by it. Theres a lot of really awesome looking elements and the animations look fantastic, definitely a game I'd be interested in playing. I really wish they had an English translation menu option or a demo I could download for it, but may just roll the dice and buy a copy and figure out how to navigate the menus thru trial and error.

I do love The Show, I think it's an amazing game and in many ways it replicates the sport of baseball very well, captures a lot of the little details that many sports games fail to. As much as I love The Show, this stamina issue is making Franchise mode completely unenjoyable to the point that I am almost ready to give up on it altogether, it's that big of an issue in my eyes.

Now I've never played a franchise mode on any of The Show games, I've always just done RTTS and exhibition games, so I'm not sure if this is an ongoing thing with the previous titles or something that was implemented recently. Surely if they had a stamuna/fatigue system in other games this would have been brought to SDS's attention long,long ago, I'd hope anyways. I'd have to rest my players for 2 or 3 straight days to completely replenish the stamina meter only to have it drain back down in 3 or 4 games. I'd have to pick and choose which players to sit each game as I only have enough subs to sit 5 players each game.

I only have a couple of utility infielders on my bench so I'd only be able to sit a couple starting infielders each game. I'd only be able to play my starters in about 100-120 games each year which is ridiculous. The only option I have left to try and make franchise mode playable is to jump the durability up to 99 for each player and I really, really hate the idea of doing this but honestly what other choice do I have??

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »