Old 09-01-2019, 11:36 PM   #70
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
The problem with the "Studs" this year is they are often very lowly rated. There are no Quenton Nelson's, Saquon Barkley's, Derwin James', etc. that will start and play great. Sure, the USER can put them in and develop them but the CPU will not. Barkley was in the low 90s to start this season, that won't happen with CPU development.

Because their OVR is in the mid-low 70's they will sit behind a veteran that might be 77 OVR and never progress. I hate this new system. It's impossible for any of these rookies to become stars in their first season unless the USER controls them.

There needs to be some actual ready to start and play well studs in each draft and they need to be in the low 80s so the CPU will start them. It's highly unrealistic otherwise and ruins immersion when only the USER can develop stars and starters.
I agree. With the ratings spread, your "stud players" are coming in around 75-79 OVR. So if teammate is rated higher, they don't get many stats in simulation stats I had a QB teammate in a Player CFM that was in same situation. I'm in a defensive player CFM, we have this rookie that is a 74 OVR with hidden trait and same OVR as Nick Foles(year 3), but Foles got the start. As a defensive player lock, it didn't really affect me. But I had to raise the QB XP sliders up so the rookie would get higher OVR boost. It took a few games for him to be starter.
Madden needs to implement a new development for young players. If they ever implement coaching carousel to Madden(still surprised NHL got it before Madden), they can tie it to coach preferences. There can be a tendency trait for coaches to develop young players. Where even in simulation stats, rookies to third year players will get increased snaps. I do they if they add coach carousel(think they add in it next gen) and do it right, it can really make franchise mode great. I prefer to play offline. But they haven't do a good job at making CPU a true threat. I dislike seeing studs/freak players failing to live up to potential because they don't get enough snaps or CPU does a terrible job of development.