View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #22
tyler289
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: The single reason NHL 20 and the series is unplayable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I’m not knocking anyone who has fun with this game. I’m actually happy for those who are able to come to terms with the flaws. I think I could come to term with them also if they just added player separation which was the main focus of this thread.
See I can have fun playing this game but the fun doesn’t last and I cannot complete a whole season or a franchise because it becomes dreadfully boring after a few games and you realize once again every player plays exactly the same thus every team plays exactly the same.
Guys who enjoy the game aren’t wrong but those of us who can’t aren't wrong either

By the way the developers do a pretty good job of explaining things but 2 things they never address or give a legitimate reason for and that is why is there no roster share and why is there no player separation. They avoid answering those two simple questions like the plague
I can't speak to roster share, but one of the major issues with player separation is that a) they have to make ratings for guys from NHL to WHL and Europe, so they can't just make those players like 25 overalls, it wouldn't work playing those games and b) they don't have enough ratings to really give players different strengths/weaknesses. As for a), someone had a great idea to just add a "league weight" qualifier so that if a guy is a 99 in the WHL he's a stud but he'd be just a good player in the AHL, etc. As for b), I'd like to see them add in more things to give guys more a range.

This obviously would take a ton of time and a general re-working of their entire roster system so I'm not surprised it hasn't been addressed and no developer wants to say, "we're not re-rating every player because it would change the way the game plays substantially." Not to mention the niche that would really use roster share is probably pretty small in the grand scheme of things and one other thing - they can't hype up their legend teams if people can just create their own. I disagree with their disregard for these features but can understand the logic.

Roster share would be great but would be difficult with all the leagues and league rules in place.

Quote:
And I laugh at everyone who thinks this game is an offline masterpiece because they added a few features into a rigid, non-replayable mode due to the lack of player separation and all 30-31 other teams playing the same, boring, overly-passive style of hockey. To say they've really invested in the offline experience is a lie.
I didn't say it is a masterpiece and it's not, and they've clearly invested in the offline experience of BeAGM mode even if you think they haven't done enough. I wish they made it more of a priority but unfortunately, this is where we're at.