View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 05:26 AM   #37
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

I really do feel like we will get Coach Carousel next year. It's been 6 years since NCAA implemented it and NHL gets it first. It feels like every 2-3 iterations Madden has a plan/focus outside of UT. 18-19 was Longshot and Frostbite. 19-20 was RPM and small changes to CFM. I'm going to assume that 20-21 is going to be FoF, Abilities, and Scenario Engine. Online will always be a major focus because they have to cater to the masses. Biggest excuse for Coach Carousel was lack of resources and having to individually sign assistant coaches. I don't care about having real life coordinators. I follow Football, but I could name a handful of real life coordinators. They should have done what they with NHL and have fictional coordinators. It doesn't matter having real life head coaches if they have zero impact now. Madden's big issue is they focus too much on back of box. They try to focus on trying to be innovative. They focus on new features for 1-2 years then scrap them when they can't sell it as a new feature anyway. If Madden actually tried to build on what they add, Madden would be in a way better shape.
The things that worries me is next gen next year. Assuming that next gen consoles come out next November, that will have an impact on how they develop next year. They can't really build off this year when they have to develop for next gen as well. My biggest fear is that they strip down features for next year and it takes them 2-3 years just to get back on track. With the talk about next gen consoles having same architecture as current gen, hopefully that allows for a smoother transition.