View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #9
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Inside Zone Blocking Assignments

This is really sad to read.

I am still playing Madden 12 and 25 on my Xbox 360, which has imperfect but solid zone schemes.

I have seen videos of Madden 17, 18, and 19 on YouTube where people use/teach the zone scheme to help new players and it was working well. In some cases far better than the versions I am playing, especially the wide/outside zone scheme.

The very reason I logged in this morning was to talk about zone running and found this thread.

It really helps to have videos or at worst pictures of what is going on and to test possible reasons for it.

I do not know what scouting and drafting is like in Madden 20, but in Madden 25 the high motor trait is the deciding factor between potential prospects I have scouted. For offensive line, I always scout scheme first to see who fits my zone run team, then run blocking to see who has a score of B or higher, as a score of C or lower is not worth my time. Finally I look at the pass blocking and impact blocking of potential targets before scouting high motor once I have narrowed down my draft board and need to make tough choices. I make sure to draft one or more offensive linemen in every draft if possible, as turnover and depth (injury,even short term) are very important.