View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #22
DSonTL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Can we talk about man coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
When in Man Under and 2 Deep Safeties, I manually assign inside and underneath leverage. I am trying to stop sticks-curls etc and am not worried about 9 routes, since I have help over the top. I understand that this can still be somewhat risky.

When playing Cover 1 Press with a Robber or Hole Defender, I manually assign outside and over the top leverage, since I have zone help in the middle. If you do this, you will not activate a press animation. If you have a slow corner up against a fast receiver with good release and deep route running ratings, you will still get beat. However, playing over the top will make you vulnerable on curls, comebacks, etc.

I've noticed man coverage playing a bit looser since today's patch. I may have to change up some of my leverages after I put in some more time with the update.
question.. in past Maddens the shading was reversed... is it correct now? I want to make sure... because this is one of the reasons I dont press much.. also... If I manually press, will they just move up or will they actually jam the WR?