Old 09-22-2019, 09:40 AM   #37600
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Don't see Sony (or Microsoft) doing two consoles at launch as it simply doesn't work. Creates too much confusion and when releasing a new console, you want the message to be clear and simple as possible. One console, one price.

Don't see the consoles going past $500 at launch. Doing so would be basically be dead on arrival. As for the SSD's, not only have they become cheaper than a few years ago but also, Sony/Microsoft buys everything in massive bulk quantities and get them at a far cheaper price because they're buying so many at once for launch and consistently throughout a 8-10 year span.

Hoping they both just stick with Native 4K and leave 8K for PlayStation 6/Xbox 5. 4K hasn't even peaked yet and won't for a while so no reason for either of them to push 8K when majority of gamers will only start getting into 4K with next gen.
I agree. I can see XBox doing multiple consoles. But I rather see Sony just focus on one console at a set price. I didn't like when PS3 had several different consoles at different prices. Because the cheaper ones couldn't handle certain games. I still remember LA Noire ruining my Blu Ray Drive for my PS3. That's why I only want to see one console. I could see some games being developed specifically for the Pro model, which means that it wouldn't perform as well on the base.
I would like to see the next generation be stretched out longer. If the consoles are going to that much powerful and 8k gaming ways off, I don't see the point of rushing out PS6. I would like to see 8-10 years without need of of a mid gen refresh. I want to see a lot more quality PS5 games. I think with shorter gen cycles, developers start planning for future sooner and not fully maxing out potential of current generation. You could see last 2 gens, with yearly releases, when they stopped putting in max effort on current gen titles. I don't think the PS4 is fully tapped out, I just think companies are focused on next gen. That's what I loved about PS2 era. It feel like the PS2 met its full potential. Thats what I want to see PS5 do.